Thursday, November 18, 2010

12 month old

Something happened recently and I still have not wrapped my brain around it. I have a one year old. 1! I can no longer respond in months, I must simply say, "One. My child is one." I find myself starring at her as if she is an alien trying to figure out how she grew so unbelievably big in one year. (Or 12 months as I like to refer to it!)

Last year I was woken in the middle of the night with the most horrific pain I have ever experienced and within a few short hours I was no longer 7 months pregnant, I was the mother to a very tiny 1 pound 10 ounce baby girl. It was like one of those horrible nightmares where all you want is for your alarm clock to start beeping and send your heart into a beating panic and after a few minutes you have calmed down and can be rest assure that it was only a dream. But the alarm clock never went off and the beeping I would hear would simply be the constant sounds of my baby needing more assitance breathing after being born 3 months early.

2 weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to my little girl jumping in her bed and crying, "mama". My heart melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment