Thursday, July 2, 2009

10 weeks 3 days

I will do my best to post today. I am exhausted but the little dragon does not want to let me sleep. Oh, Dragon you ask? Long story but basically the lovely ladies at work have named the embryo El Drag'un Fuego. For all those who failed miserably at basic Spanish the translation is The Fire Dragon. Speaking of previous statements, you are probably wondering why I called it an embryo. This is because I only have 2 more days of the little dragon being an embryo. On Sunday he/she officially turns into a fetus!!!

So yesterday I went to the genetic counselor to discuss the family history. It was a very imformative session where she explained the chromosone breakdown of James' down syndrome. My Mom has always told us his version of DS is not genetic but it was interesting to know how and why. The counselor also advised me that since somewhere towards the top of my Father's family tree include Jewish relatives from Austria that I should get some testing done to see if I am a carrier of the diseases that come with that. However; after discussing this with my parents I learned they were tested and neither one of them are carriers. (Well, since my mother's line was strict Catholics it tends to rule that out right there.)

After discussion, Rob and I decided to take the DS test in 2 weeks and get the bloodwork done for the crazy Austrian Jewish diseases. On the positive side of this- there is a good chance we will learn the sex of the fetus at that ultrasound. Plus, we get another ultrasound! I really hope our little dragon decides to reveal his/her little body parts so we can start buying pink or blue.

Speaking of the sex of Dragon....I think we have a strong contender for a little boy name- Joshua Robert Smith. The girl names seem to change on a weekly basis but I still think the strong leader of the pack is still Hailey. I have always loved Jayden Rose for a girl but it seems to be holding on to second place. I love the meaning behind the name: Jay is my father's middle name and Rose is the first part of my Mother's name and my Grandmother's middle name. I think it is a perfect combo. However; once we said Hailey things changed. For a middle name for Hailey we are thinking Rose or Marie. (Marie is my middle name and Rob's Grandmother's middle name.) Our last place option is Sophia. I truly love the name but I for some reason do not see my child having the name of Sophia. I picture a little girl with long dark hair and I don't know why but I just don't picture our little girl with dark hair. Who knows.

So as I mentioned I am quite tired and rambling on.

The one last thing I wanted to mention is the events this week in history:
The deaths of some major celebs: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson.
The returning of my good friend, neighbor, and brother from another mother: Chris Richardson who has served our country in AFG and is finally returned home today.
Ethan went rock climbing with his Daddy and he loved it!
Zoe and Tommy are quite obsessed with checking out the baby's room and sniffing the diapers.

The next week is packed with my birthday celebrations. We will be going to The Melting Pot and then going to Orlando next week. Birthday fun and lots of relaxing sleep without alarm clocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment