Friday, July 31, 2009

Bedtime Memories

Bedtime has always been a source of adventure for my mind. Growing up my sister was forced to share a bedroom with the little sister she always wanted. I think it really was an excuse to torture someone younger. Being the younger sister, I received the short end of the stick when it came time for deciding who gets the much more awesome, bug free, top bunk. There never really were spiders but every night at bedtime my sister would instill in my young mind that there were millions of spiders on the bottom bunk that were going to get me. When I asked to come up to the top bunk for my safety, I was quickly denied. Over and over again. Karma came back and bit her, literally. While I laid awake fearing for my life from the 8 legged creatures, she would be fast asleep and within no time her little arm would flop over the rail and be dangling there for me to welcome with my sharp young teeth. It was my only defense to the spider talking bully.

The best memory from bedtime will always be my Dad's stories. I had a massive book of every "once upon a time" story you could ever dream of and every night my dad would read me the story of my choice while adding all the best character voices. (If I was really lucky I would get two bedtime stories!) I cannot wait for our little one to get to the point where I can share the same tradition with him/her.

While on the topic of bedtime and "him/her" I must share one of the interesting additions to pregnancy: vivid dreams. Prior to the pregnancy I always considered myself as having insane dreams and wondering where in the world my mind can come up with such nonsense but I was wrong. Nothing compares to pregnancy dreams, nothing. The dreams are mostly so unbelievably bizarre that I refuse to share them for the thought someone will lock me in a mental facility. Lately there have been a number of dreams based on determining the gender of the baby, which we all know is constantly on my mind. The latest craziness involved me having a baby girl and to really show off her feminine side she had 4 whoo-haas. Yes, 4. 1 in the normal location, 2 on the left leg and 1 on the right leg. I agree it still was insane but it makes me really wonder if that is my brain trying to tell me it is a little girl or just playing tricks to make me think it is a girl so at the ultrasound it could reveal itself as a little boy. We truly cannot wait for an answer to the gender question!

No comments:

Post a Comment