Friday, March 13, 2009

The Big Day

I have decided today is the day. Not just any day, but the day I break the news to my family. I am sure there will be a hesitation from everyone. The economy is not in the best of positions right now and the biggest fear from my family: school. They fear I will not finish school. I know what it means to have a degree and I know what I want to do with my life and that is teach. I still have the incredible hunger to finish school and have a career to provide for myself and my family. For now, things have changed, my life is leading me down a different path this path also involves me going to school. I know it will be a challenging, I understand that, but we are up for task. We will do what it takes to make this situation the best one possible. They say there is never a good time to have a child and it is not something you can wait until you are financially stable or whatever. It is true. Think about each moment in your life. There really has never been a time in most of our lives where we can say we were in the perfect place to raise a family. There are always bumps in the road but that is what makes us stronger. I was raised with the belief that everything happens for a reason. We may not know right now what the reason is but I am excited to learn.
So stay tuned to learn about the reactions of different people, the (grand)parents mostly. I also plan on using this as my updates to everyone on the progress of me and the family. Oh, goodness what an exciting venture we are on!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you shocked me! But it is such great news! The family needs good news! ♥ I cannot wait to meet my little neice or nephew!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw...Im glad you finally listened when I said that you will never be financially secure and there is no right time for a family. Hmmm...words of wisdom! LOL. It is SO true and you will see that even more after the little one is born. You will think- shoot, I should have done this sooner! Its not so bad!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete