Friday, March 13, 2009

The Reveal

We purchased a picture frame that said "I love my Grandpa" and wrapped it up. As I mentioned earlier, I could not hold it in any longer and had to tell my parents. This weekend is slam packed for both Rob and me so I said I was going to do it tonight. Well, since Rob had to work I was on my own. I got to dinner and said 'Rob wanted to be here but he had to work so I will give it to you." Well my mom opened it and was quite clueless. She said "oh, that's cute" to which my reply was, "you are not getting it". She screamed and immediately started hugging me with more screams. My Dad, who was sitting across the table and completely out of the loop, stated "is it what I think it is?" My mom and I both shook our heads yes. It was a moment of shock for everyone and then it was lots of happiness. It went well.
After the typical questions were answered the news had to be spread. My mother called my grandmother to inform her. She sounded quite excited as well.
As I drove back home with my parents following behind I decided to call my sister. She answered and all I said was "Hi Aunt Michele". It seemed to pass by her and then she came back after a moment and said "Wait a minute....AUNT? What?" Plenty of screams and happiness there as well! I must add that I am still texting her back and forth now about all fun baby stuff.
When we finally arrived back to my house I got out of the car and saw my Dad was on the phone with a big grin. I knew he was sharing the news with someone. The story was great! He text messaged his sister (Aunt Arlene) "Julie's having a baby". She immediately called him back and yelled at him for making her almost get in an accident since she was driving.

The news is spreading so very fast! It is such a relieft to know the secret is out! Time to relax and enjoy the adventure! Tomorrow I will spread the news to the soccer team and Sunday we will share with Rob's family. I am off to make Rob some dinner....Good Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment