Sunday, April 11, 2010

Drool, poop, sleep, and teething

I am sitting here with a teething baby and needed to find some sanity. I realized it has been quite some time since I even looked at my blog. I opened it to find that I have completely skipped the most important events in my pregnancy: the delivery. I sat on this for a few minutes and determined I was not in the state of mind to go through the events of delivering 12 weeks early and the 89 days Hailey Rose spent in the NICU. Today, I am focusing on the fact that she is here with me, teething.


I read through some blogs of other SAHM and came to the conclusion that my blog will be completely uneventful with a "newborn" compared to their tales of toddler-hood. So I guess you are stuck with hearing about drool, poop, sleep, and of course teething.


This morning Hailey decided it was a good morning to wake me up by babbling. It is much more pleasant than murderous screams which make my heart leap out of chest and hit the ceiling fan before spiraling back down into my chest. As I picked her up I noticed the pretty pink sheets under her were covered in little hairs. Her hair is falling out which has me in a panic. I quickly thought of what glue would work best on putting it back on or if Rogain was in order. I know this is inevitable for babies but her locks were just stunning.


I have decided to take the traditional first-time mom route with feeding. This is not to say it is bad, but everyone has told me I will change my mind on the "second" child. Before I continue I must say there are no plans in the near future for the second child, it is a hypothetical baby for now. Back to the food. I did some research and took the advice of the pediatrician on the food schedule. This is important for the digestive system and since we know our little princess likes to have tummy problems, we figured this was best. Now I am gradually increasing the number of solid meals she gets and we are currently still on two. I believe this is partly due to my sleep deprived tiredness and her teething. It is like oil and water, they just don't mix. I still feel bad for Hailey because this means she has to eat a vegetable for breakfast. This wasn't so bad when we were on yellow veggies, but the green. Well, that cannot be enjoyable for anyone but Hailey and the dogs who get to eat the leftovers. The dogs love the fact Hailey is on solids. They stand in the splash-zone anxiously waiting for the inevitable moment when the food comes flying from the sky and splats onto the floor. I am sure they compare this to what Heaven must be like.

Speaking of food, it is 3pm and my idea of throwing the chicken in the crockpot at this late in the afternoon means I will be eating raw chicken. I don't know about you but raw chicken turns my stomach more than mashed green veggies in the morning. If only my fantastic grill was clean and had gas. I purchased this little table top grill two years ago and I think it is the best $35 I have ever spent. Ever.
And with that, I will leave you for today with hopes of being back tomorrow for my tales of the pooping, sleeping, eating, and now teething baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment